Thursday, January 7, 2016

Subpanel rebuild complete

Got the floating rivet nutplates installed, so now the GSU 25 ADAHRS,  GEA 24 engine monitor, and the GAD 29 IFR box are now mounted to the subpanel. Here you can see the doubler plates that were installed to hold the 2 units.






Also, got the angles installed, which act as a shelf for the radio. I'll probably end up putting more equipment up there if I need to, since there is a lot of room.




The subpanel was also re-mounted on the plane. Starting to look better with parts going on instead of off. The CAN bus wiring is too short from the GAD 29 to the GEA 24, so I have to rework that so wiring will reach the relocated GEA 24. If I had to start all over, I'd probably loose-assemble EVERYTHING and see if there are any interferences before starting the wiring. Being clever and working on it at home was very comfortable, but I didn't realize there would be clearance issues, even though I had done some rough measurements.





No comments:

Post a Comment