Friday, January 8, 2016

Avionics wiring re-do

The wiring needed to be changed since the GEA 24 moved from its original spot.

I don't have a wire stretcher handy, so the old wiring for the CAN bus had to be chopped up and replaced. It seemed easier the second time around, until I forgot that I ran out of solder splices. Fortunately, an avionics shop located on the field hooked me up. Thanks guys!




I want to get the AOA sensor installed since it works off the CAN bus, so I might as well order and install it while I have the wiring all chopped up. Other than that, not much to update other than the longer CAN wiring to the GEA, now to make room for the AOA sensor wiring when it comes in.

I noticed that the electric fuel booster pump that Vans supplies has changed. The old one that I have looks like this:




Holy shit, what a plumbing nightmare, right?

The new one looks like this:





Which one would you rather have in your plane?

I think the pumps are the same, just the manifold that connects the relief valve and filters have been optimized to reduce the number of fittings (aka potential failure/leak points). I'll see if the pump and filter can be re-used with the new setup.


No comments:

Post a Comment