Saturday, January 2, 2016

GEA 24 doubler cntd

Not a good start to the day:

The red stuff is blood - for the first time since I took the sheet metal class, I drilled my finger. Not the smartest move but fortunately it wasn't a huge injury and it didn't mess anything up that I was working on too badly. I suppose this is karma for drilling Laura's hand about a month ago. Maybe I'm getting sloppy. 

Anyway, I had to install a doubler on the doubler to accommodate a nutplate. Kind of odd, but here it is:

You can see I only dimpled the holes that will take a nutplate, or would interfere with the GEA box sitting flush. My goal was to use 1/8 in. universal head rivets where possible. 

Tomorrow the weather is supposed to be warm so I'll prime these parts and rivet the nutplates and parts into place.

Hopefully this new location for the engine sensors will work better than the old one.

The wiring is pretty much done, I need to make the CAN bus line that runs from the GAD 29 to the GEA 24 a little longer so it can live in its new spot.




No comments:

Post a Comment