Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Repair oblong holes

I drilled out the existing subpanel a year or more ago. Let's just say my technique wasn't perfect. I'm a little better at it now, but at least one of these holes is unacceptable. These are the holes for matching the F-768 outboard subpanels to the vertical longerons (insert part number)

As you can see, the middle row left column hole is not good. The one below it isn't much better.

So as a solution, I decided to make a patch plate that will sandwich the longeron and the subpanel


The first attempt I made didn't have very good edge distance for the holes I was trying to fix. Especially since I'm going up a size to a -5 rivet. So, I made this part twice, but the second time I made it extend as far as I could. 



Here's a shot of the repair plate in position:


No comments:

Post a Comment